Sunday, May 6, 2012

Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend



This week in Beyond Layers we are discussing books.

It was really hard to pick a favourite, so I picked my favourite for 2012 so far.....and that is 'Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend' by Matthew Green.

From the back cover:

"My name is Budo.   I have been alive for 5 years.   5 years is a very long time for someone like me to be alive.   Max gave me my name.   Max is 8 years old.   He is the only human person who can see me.   I know what Max knows, and some things he doesn't.   I know that Max is in danger.   And I know that I am the only one who can save him."

My usual reading list includes books by Linda Fairstein, Harlan Coben and James Patterson so Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend was something different and a pleasant surprise.

Narrated by Budo, Matthew Green makes you feel like you are living every moment along with Budo, Max and the other characters.

For me, this book is about love and friendship. It will make you laugh, cry and maybe even believe.




beyondlayers

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this book. It sounds like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.

Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...