Monday, August 13, 2012

Snappit
















linking with Texture Tuesday

Textures used:  Image 1:  Touch by Kim Klassen -  Multiply 60%.  Image 3 (Looking Down):  Pumpkin Grunge by Kim Klassen - Lighten 50%.


My dear Mum in-Law passed away recently.  She could always be found in the kitchen baking tasty treats for the grandkids (and the big kids).  We have been trying to recreate some of her recipes at home.  One of our favourites is Snappit.


Here's the recipe:



SNAPPIT


Ingredients:


Base:

1 cup Self Raising Flour

1 cup Cornflakes

1 cup Sugar

1 cup Coconut

3/4 cup Butter


Icing:

2 cups Icing Sugar

1 tablespoon Butter

3 tablespoons Cocoa

Enough hot water to blend to a firm mixture (approx 2 - 3 tablespoons)


Method:


Preheat oven to 190 ° celsius (170 ° fan-forced).

Place dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.

Melt butter, add to other ingredients and mix well.

Press firmly into a greased tray lined with baking paper (approx. 30cm x 20cm x 2cm in size).

Bake until golden brown (approx. 20 - 25 minutes).

Ice immediately after removing from the oven with chocolate icing.

Cut into squares when cool.

(Note:  When I made this, I had run out of Cornflakes so I used Rice Bubbles instead.)



12 comments:

  1. Oh I REALLY wish I was REALLY looking down on this right now...to go with my cup of tea! Great shots - enjoy your treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making my mouth water. I would love to try this recipe - the use of cornflakes sounds very different and interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow do these look yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe, and I will definitely try it on my big kids, and small kids. :) Wonderful photos - love the pumpkin grunge texture used - I have tried it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum lovely to making memories with your children ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious and I love the food photography too! (being a bit of a foodie myself!) So wonderful to be able to continue your mother-in-laws recipes. My mother died just recently too and I have family favourite recipes of hers I have made for years. They keep the memories of Mum alive.
    Admired in Texture Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet way to remember your mother-in-law with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look yummy. Great photos of your "snappit".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yammy and very delicious pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes me hungry. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks tasty, a lovely tradition to continue. Your first photo is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely food photography. And the recipe sounds good as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.

Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...