Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Capture Your 365 - Days 7 to 11






Day 7 - Natural Treasure    Loved | Not Artificial | Outside






The first thought that came to mind when I saw the topic 'Natural Treasure' was flowers. So I tried to find a flower that stood out from the rest. This flower is from the tree Buckinghamia celsissima, which is more commonly known as the Ivory Curl Tree. The Ivory Curl Tree has long, creamy, curved flowers that are quite popular with the lorikeets and bees. It is native to Queensland, Australia.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro    Settings: ISO 1250, f5.6, 1/1000 sec.



Day 8 - Blue    A Crayon | The Colour | The Sky






My blue nail polish. This one was taken late in the afternoon in a little corner of my bathroom so I could get some light. Being school holidays, my assistants (I mean kids) were playing with friends, so I had to set up this one myself - nail polish in one hand and very heavy camera with macro lens in the other.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro    Settings: ISO 1000, f5.0, 1/125 sec.



Day 9 - Where I Stand    Look Down | Include Your Feet | In Place






After my Hubby mowed the lawn, I kicked of my shoes to walk on the freshly cut grass.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 50mm f1.4    Settings: ISO 100, f3.5, 1/640 sec.



Day 10 - A Doorway    Your Front Door | A Door You Use | A Place You Visit






My 10 month old Labrador puppies waiting to go play outside.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 50mm f1.4    Settings: ISO 400, f3.5, 1/100 sec.



Day 11 - In Good Hands    Holding | Converted | Secure






Bella and Me.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 50mm f1.4    Settings: ISO 500, f4.5, 1/640 sec.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely selection of photos. Love the nail polish one - you did well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.

Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...