Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year 2014


Day 1 - Celebrate     With Food and Drink | Cheer | The New Year





Happy 2014 everyone!

So with every new year comes new year's resolutions.   Mine don't always last, but I'll keep trying.   This year I'm planning to do a P365.  Last year I failed miserably, only making it as far as March.   Once again, I'm joining the wonderful community over at Capture Your 365.   Here you can find monthly lists along with a forum and gallery.   The daily prompts, which arrive in your inbox, are very helpful if you need that extra bit on inspiration.   You can start at anytime and it's free.   So are you in?

The theme for Day 1 is Celebrate.   What better way to celebrate the new year than with some fireworks.   I wasn't able to take my tripod with me for this shot, so I had to improvise.  I found a fence that I could lean against, set my camera to Bulb mode and held the shutter for about one second.  I was quite surprise with how this shot turned out.  My kids suggested it looked like feathers or even a fern.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 50mm f1.4    Settings: Bulb, ISO 100, f11, 1.0 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.

Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...